In the end resetting using the CMOS jumper and CMOS battery was the perfect solution to this problem. This is what I did for the Foxconn H55MXV motherboard
- Open the computer casing and remove the CMOS battery
- Set the CMOS jumper to pin 2 and 3
- Leave it that way for 10 seconds before putting them back to its original position
- Once that is done reboot the computer and press [DEL] on the keyboard during reboot. This should leads to the BIOS setup screen
- Use "Tab" key to scroll to the System Information options. Set the current dates and time values and save the settings during exit.
- Reboot the PC