500g of beef tripe, thinly sliced about the size of your fifth finger, cleaned
Half clove of garlic, skin peeled (**)
3 medium sized shallots, skin peeled (**)
1 inch ginger(**)
Half of 1 big green onion (Bombay onion), thinly sliced
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
250ml coconut milk
1 medium sized tomato, cut into wedges/halves
1 medium sized potato, cut into quarters
2 heaps tablespoon meat curry powder (dissolved in water to make a thick paste)
Salt to season
(**) Pounded together
1. Clean and slice the beef tripe. Pre boil the sliced beef tripe for about 20minutes. Strain and set aside.
2. Heat up wok with enough oil to stir fry the onions and tomatoes. Add in all the pounded ingredients together with tomatoes, cinnamon stick and star anise.
3. Stir for 1-2 minutes and then add the curry paste. Stir for another minute and add in the tripes.
4. Mix the beef tripe with the curry paste till all the tripes coated with it.
5. Add about half cup or a cup of water, stir and leave it covered for about 5minutes. Add the potatoes.
6. I am making a dry curry, so you can adjust your water input according to your liking. If you want a curry with more gravy, add a bit more water. Else, you may add the coconut milk now and cook for another 10-15minutes.
7. Season & serve hot with white rice.