The reason for this is because you are not using an open port for the torrent traffic to freely flow to your network IP address. In order to find an open port for your IP address is very easy just by going to this link www.ipchicken.com. When the pages open up you will find your computer's IP address and open port right away.
Once you get the open port. Go back to Utorrent and apply the following settings
1. Options→Preferences or press CTRL + P on the keyboard
2. Connection→Copy and Paste the open port into the Port used for incoming connections box and click "Apply"
3. Click Bandwidth and Apply the following:
- Maximum upload rate (kB/s): [0: unlimited] = 20
- Maximum download rate (kB/s): [0: unlimited] = 200
Now leave your torrent download speed to pickup. Check it out after 3-5 minutes later it will increase accordingly.
Warning!!: Open port are vurnerable to attacks as the traffic is not filtered. Therefore only apply the open port when you are downloading, once you have finish go back to your Utorrent setting and click random port for the torrent to reset.
Refer to the port range below:
- Well Known Ports: 0 through 1023 → (filtered (safe)
- Registered Ports: 1024 through 49151. →(unknown (moderate safe)
- Dynamic/Private : 49152 through 65535. →(open = vulnerable)