How to monitor computer system resources in Windows 7 operating system is quite simple.
- Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Resource Monitor
- Memory RAM usage - Identify which application software use the most memory. High usage meaning that the program can significantly slow computer performance when it is in use.
- CPU usage - Identify which application utilize the most processor activity. High CPU usage also can significantly slow down computer speed performance.
- Disk usage - Identify which initiate the most write/read activities on the hard disk. This also can reduce the speed of hard disk.
- Network usage - Identify which application software use the most bandwidth such as p2p torrent software, internet browsers, auto updates application, internet firewall, etc.