The installation file can be downloaded on SourceForge site - and once it is downloaded extract the file to your intended folder. Run the application by clicking on the spoon.bat file in the folder and the problem started where the command prompt briefly popped up and disappear right away. Then nothing happens.
Solution to the Problem
- Download Oracle Java jdk-8u71-windows-x64.exe (64 bit) or jdk-8u71-windows-i586.exe from Oracle Website http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
- Once it is download then installed it
- After installed open the Pentaho pdi-ce-22.214.171.124-386\data-integration folder and edit spoon.bat file using Notepad++
- In the spoon.bat file look for this section
- Open the directory folder where the java is installed and find the java.exe and javaw.exe and copy its location address for example in my PC they are installed in these folder C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_71\bin\java.exe and C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_71\bin\javaw.exe
- Replace the PENTAHO_JAVA=java.exe so that it reads PENTAHO_JAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_71\bin\java.exe and PENTAHO_JAVA=javaw.exe with PENTAHO_JAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_71\bin\javaw.exe
- Save the file and run the spoon.bat again. It should work
REM Special console/debug options when called from SpoonConsole.bat or SpoonDebug.bat if "%SPOON_CONSOLE%"=="1" set PENTAHO_JAVA=java.exe if not "%SPOON_CONSOLE%"=="1" set PENTAHO_JAVA=javaw.exe set IS64BITJAVA=0 call "%~dp0set-pentaho-env.bat"