Pop up ads are one of those annoying things deployed on websites other than sound and messy ads. In addition pop up ads also tend to slow down web-browsers performance and sometimes freezes it to dead. In Google Chrome browser, users can block popups by following the settings below.
1. Go to Google Chrome tool tab
2. Select "Settings"
3. In Settings go to the bottom of the page and click on the "+ Show Advanced settings"
4. In Advanced settings Privacy section click on Content settings...
5. In Content settings Pop-ups section click on Manage exceptions...Then key in the sites which has popups ads and set the behavior to Block and finally click OK
6. Once the setup is done, then visit the site and if the pop-ups blocker icon appear that means it's working.