Very interesting piece of device - nice high tech looking but it basically only capable of broadcasting WiFi. So you can't use the 4G DiGi internet on my desktop PC. I want to have the convenient of using the internet on my desktop since most of my work are on the PC.
Fortunately i have an old Sony Experia Ray unused - so i thought it could use the USB tethering technology to stream the 4G internet to my desktop PC. So this is how it is done.
1. Slot in the 4G internet into the Sony Experia Phone
2. It will automatically run the internet configuration setup into the phone
3. Once it is done - connect the phone to the PC using it's USB cable then
4. Go to Setting>>More...>Tethering & Portable Hotspot
5. It should prompt connection on the phone if not follow the next step
6. Left click on the internet connection icon on the right hand bottom corner of the taskbar
7. Click "Change Adapter Option"
8. Right click on the connected Sony Experia network connection>> Then properties
9. Click on "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" then "Properties"
10. Select "Use the following DNS Server addressess".
11. Set Preferred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168 and Alternate DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
12. Tick on "Validate settings upon exit" and click OK
13. This should be working but if not do the last setting
14. Left click on the network icon again on the right bottom corner
15. Click on "Status"
16. In the Status look for "Network reset" and click on it when it Prompt "Reset now" just click it.
17. Once the network is reset it will prompt for the desktop PC to restart
After restart and back to Windows 10 OS it should be working by then. That's how to use an old Sony Experia smart phone as USB tethering modem. So don't throw it away for no reason.